- Develop your Personal Learning Network (PLN) by engaging in conversations with other educators.
- Gather research for an article, blog, or presentation.
- Collaborate with others in solving an issue at your school.
- Exchange ideas to improve an upcoming lesson plan.
- Receive constructive criticism on a lesson plan, presentation, or idea.
- Share tips and advice for educational endeavors, such as holding a parent education workshop.
- Show new teachers how useful Twitter is for having thought-provoking conversations.
- Scan the discussion topics to decide which topics educators are interested in for your blog.
- Poll educators to gather research for your blog post or articles.
I attended EdCamp Birmingham and it was hands down the best professional learning experience I have yet to encounter. At EdCamp Birmingham I presented a session with my professional idol, Jerry Blumengarten (aka: @cybraryman1), met and formed professional friendships with other like minded educators, and was able to engage in meaningful discussions regarding current topics in education. I can not begin to emphasis how empowering it has been to take professional development into my own hands. Only the educated are free.
Contact me on Twitter at @NikkiDRobertson to join the learning adventure.