At the end of each month we send a "statistics" report to our administration. Here is an excerpt from our the email detailing our first month in The Library @HHS:
What an exciting first two weeks of school! Here are a few quick highlights of what has been happing in The Library @ HHS.
- Number of students signing in with individual passes – 2,086
- Total number of iPads checked out and set up to students – 2,557
- Number of posters Mrs. Latta has printed – over 128 posters
- Amount of laminating film used – over 1,000 ft
- Number of teachers Ms. Robertson has met with to share Weebly, Google Drive, Google+ Hangouts and Google Forms – 36
- Ms. Robertson set up 11 Google calendars for the library and other locations in the building per IT request.
- Ms. Robertson has added 182 calendar requests to the newly created Google Calendars.
- Ms. Robertson has created multiple video tutorials for flipped PD and instruction.
- Mrs. Camp visited with Mr. Wilhite’s advisory class to show students how to use OverDrive.
- Mrs. Michaels updated the iPad bulletin board with new information concerning the iPads
- All library staff members have been assisting with make-up student ID pictures.
Perhaps one of the highlights of my week was conducting an informal session with 3rd period PLC teachers about how to create a classroom website using Weebly and how students can turn in assignments using Google Forms. Here is a link to the video I created for teachers to show to their classes on how to turn assignments in via the classroom website and using a Google Form: http://youtu.be/dqMOq4FNe9U
The library staff assisted over 1000 students with a variety of needs this week. One of our biggest demands was making student IDs so students could get into the big first game of the season.