- We set up a cart and desk outside the library doors to assist students and teachers.
- We assisted students and teachers with iPad issues at the door.
- We assisted students and teachers with checking out book through our ebook program (OverDrive)
- We assisted students and teachers with checking out physical books from the library by showing them how to place a book on hold using our Destiny card catalog
- We pulled physical books requested by students and teachers from the shelves and delivered them to classrooms.
- We taught classes (Ms. Gannon) how to use our ebook site and Destiny to check out books from the library.
- We checked out iPad chargers and cords from the cart.
- We pulled books and provided them for browsing and check out (Ms.Gannon)
Sunday, September 22, 2013
This Week at The Library@HHS September 16th - 20th
This week The Library@HHS was technically closed to accommodate students taking the Graduation Exam. I say technically because we would never allow the library to actually be closed! We love our students and teachers too much to ever do that!
Here is how we dealt with no access to the library.
While outside the library we were able to finalize plans for Teen Read Week. We are fortunate to have the OverDrive Digital Bookmobile coming to our school for Teen Read Week this year! Only 12 classes can visit the OverDrive Digital Bookmobile, so we have devised a contest to determine what classes each period will win a visit to the OverDrive Digital Bookmobile.
Here are the details that we came up with: