Each month Mrs. Crystal Camp sends the administration an update of the happenings in The Library@HHS. Here is the run down from November created on December 2, 2013:
· Mrs. Latta printed 75 color posters for faculty and staff, and she created a several books displays throughout the library.
· Mrs. Robertson presented at three conferences: The AEA Minority Leadership Conference, The Georgia Educational Technology Conference, and the AASL National Conference.
· Mrs. Robertson created an interactive bulletin board that allowed students and teachers to post comments in response to the question, “What are You Thankful for?
· Mrs. Robertson collaborated with Ms. Zarzour (Doctopus & Goobric) and Mrs. Ort (Google Maps).
· Mrs. Camp examined the library’s AV collection to remove VHS tapes that had not circulated within the past 5 years. Approximately 1140 VHS tapes were removed.
· Mrs. Camp worked with parent volunteers to start inventorying sections of the library.
· Mrs. Michaels entered 46 work orders for broken iPads and helped set up 31 new devices.
· 117 calendar reservations were made in November.
· Approximately 3150 students visited the library with individual hall passes in November.
There are lots of methods librarians use to encourage reading. One of my favorite is creating book displays. Mrs. Dana Latta is an expert when it comes to designing displays and making the library look beautiful and inviting.